Help your child overcome the discomfort of teething. Teething is completely natural in all children, as it is merely the progression of teeth sprouting up above the gum line. However, it can often cause discomfort and pain for the child, so various treatment systems should be used. Be aware of the following information concerning teething in children:
– Teething can often be found in the gestures of a child, including extra fussiness and irritability, a loss of appetite, or even excessive drooling.
– Various tools and methods of treatment can be given to help a teething child, including teething rings, soft music, gauze pads, or even cold spoons gently rubbed around their gum line.
– Never use your finger as a soothing device on their gums unless it has been cleaned first.
– If teething leads to diarrhea, rashes, or fevers, consult their pediatrician as soon as possible.
– Avoid teething tablets for children under two, unless instructed to do so directly under the supervision of their pediatrician.
If you would like Dr. Andrea Miller and our team at Dental Specialists of Lake Co. Inc. to bring your child in for an oral exam to determine which treatment is best for them, please contact our pediatric office in Mentor, Ohio, by calling us at 440-266-1740. We can get your child on the path to smiles for miles!